Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday, dearest KEVIN!
Happy Birthday to you!!
"Kevin, you're the dearest person to my heart. You have touched my life in more ways than can be counted! Thank you for being the BESTEST HUSBAND! I Love you! Happy Birthday! Love, Darleen"
After a week long of rainy weather, Wednesday, April 8, turned out gorgeous -- great for a cookout! For Kevin's early birthday party with Darleen's family, we all enjoyed a hot-dog wiener roast.
Kevin received a Fire-pit for outside our trailer home.
Darleen asked: "Will you need to read the instructions to put that together?"
Kevin's replied: "No, men don't need instructions for such things!"
The Newly Weds... Aw...
Yummy White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake (made by me, Darleen!)
PREP TIME: 1 Hr
COOK TIME:1 Hr
READY IN 10 Hrs
Original recipe yield 1 - 9 inch cheesecake
1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
3 tablespoons white sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 cup water
2 cups white chocolate chips
1/2 cup half-and-half cream
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, mix together cookie crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a saucepan, combine raspberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch, and water.
- Bring to boil, and continue boiling 5 minutes, or until sauce is thick. Strain sauce through a mesh strainer to remove seeds.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). In a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt white chocolate chips with half-and-half, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in vanilla and melted white chocolate. Pour half of batter over crust. Spoon 3 tablespoons raspberry sauce over batter. Pour remaining cheesecake batter into pan, and again spoon 3 tablespoons raspberry sauce over the top. Swirl batter with the tip of a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until filling is set. Cool, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 8 hours before removing from pan. Serve with remaining raspberry sauce.
Mighty MEN! :)